Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Problem creating custom data source
Megha Nidhi Dahal
Hi All,<br />
<br />
I am trying to develop a custom data source. I followed the steps mentioned in a webinar resource. It was all going fine. Later I don't know what did I mess up, but it started throwing an error while trying to <strong class='bbc'>Finish</strong> the Data Source wizard.<br />
<br />
I had modified the plugin.xml file just before the error. I renamed the values for:<br />
plugin.name<br />
data.source.name<br />
data.set.name<br />
connection.profile.name<br />
<br />
Attached is the screenshot of the file for more information.<br />
<br />
Need Help!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Can you post the properties file you changed?
Jason
Megha Nidhi Dahal
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'JasonW'" data-cid="82022" data-time="1314631451" data-date="29 August 2011 - 08:24 AM"><p>
Can you post the properties file you changed?<br />
<br />
Jason<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi Jason,<br />
<br />
Here it is.<br />
<br />
<br />
Arpan
JasonW
I do not see anything wrong with this. If you change it back does it work? Can you post the plugin.xml for the runtime and design time plugins?
Jason
Megha Nidhi Dahal
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'JasonW'" data-cid="82027" data-time="1314632388" data-date="29 August 2011 - 08:39 AM"><p>
I do not see anything wrong with this. If you change it back does it work? Can you post the plugin.xml for the runtime and design time plugins?<br />
<br />
Jason<br /></p></blockquote>
No it doesn't. I'm clueless what has gone wrong.<br />
I have borrowed many things from the flat file oda plugin, I had hard coded the messages, till then all was well. I tried implementing the i18n.Messages in my plugin also, is it something related to that?<br />
<br />
Attached are the plugin.xml for runtime and design.
JasonW
I do not see anything obvious that is wrong. If I can run the plugins, I may be able to help. Did you use the wizards to create the starting oda?
Jason
Megha Nidhi Dahal
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'JasonW'" data-cid="82031" data-time="1314634029" data-date="29 August 2011 - 09:07 AM"><p>
I do not see anything obvious that is wrong. If I can run the plugins, I may be able to help. Did you use the wizards to create the starting oda?<br />
<br />
Jason<br /></p></blockquote>
Hi Jason,<br />
<br />
I have send you an email. I hope you won't mind. Please go through it.<br />
<br />
Regards<br />
Megha Nidhi Dahal
JasonW
I got the email and will look it over and respond to your email.
Jason
Megha Nidhi Dahal
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'JasonW'" data-cid="82034" data-time="1314636118" data-date="29 August 2011 - 09:41 AM"><p>
I got the email and will look it over and respond to your email.<br />
<br />
Jason<br /></p></blockquote>
Thanks a lot!
JasonW
I sent an email to you. It was the "choice" type in the runtime plugin.xml.
Jason
Megha Nidhi Dahal
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'JasonW'" data-cid="82042" data-time="1314646840" data-date="29 August 2011 - 12:40 PM"><p>
I sent an email to you. It was the "choice" type in the runtime plugin.xml.<br />
<br />
Jason<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Stuck a bit with the UI.