Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Debug//Tracing Element id
bbmuskie
Hi,
When I run the report in eclipse, it will prompt me with which Element ID getting problem if I have some error on the setting.
My question is, how could I easily go to the Element (i.e. Cell or Grid) instead of tracing thru who are they inside the XML source tab? Thank!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
There isn't a great way of doing this, I don't believe. When you get an error it typically tells you whether it's a data element or a table or what that is having the issue. That can sometimes help you narrow it down. Also, reading the cause of the error can tip you off further on which element it is. From here, if you have a general idea, you can click across your different elements looking at the element ID in the property editor general tab to quickly find the element in question. Hope this helps.
bbmuskie
Michael,
That is what I'm doing it now. Thanks for the explanation!
mwilliams
If it's a script error, the outline shows you where you have scripting, so it'd help to look there in those situations, but when the issue deals with script, you usually know where you've put that.
Good luck!