Hi,<br />
<br />
I would like to find any good reference material for scripting. A good reply to this question should help others do what they want. <br />
<br />
I have a Birt report which refreshes automatically. The Birt report is a frame in a Javascript page. What I would additionally like to do is to display the next page, automatically, and cycling through the pages one by one on a timer, and then back to the beginning. The number of pages is not known in advance.<br />
<br />
I could only find this reference material:<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>ReportDoc Class</strong><br />
<p class='bbc_indent' style='margin-left: 40px;'>Provides information about the report being produced (in the Factory) or that is being<br />
viewed (in the Presentation Engine.)</p>
Summary<br />
<p class='bbc_indent' style='margin-left: 40px;'>Availability: After first release</p>
Properties<br />
design<br />
<p class='bbc_indent' style='margin-left: 40px;'>Returns the root design object for this instance</p>.<br />
fileName<br />
<p class='bbc_indent' style='margin-left: 40px;'>The name of the file (if any) to which this file is written. The meaning of the name<br />
depends on the destination</p>.<br />
destination<br />
<p class='bbc_indent' style='margin-left: 40px;'>The kind of destination such as ?file-system? or ?temporary?.</p>
body<br />
<p class='bbc_indent' style='margin-left: 40px;'>A list of sections within the body.</p>
Description<br />
<p class='bbc_indent' style='margin-left: 40px;'>Note: Much remains to be worked out here.</p>
<br />
from <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/ref/ROM_Scripting_SPEC.pdf'>http://www.eclipse.org/birt/ref/ROM_Scripting_SPEC.pdf</a><br />
<br />
There isn't enough material here to continue at a productive pace. This task should only take about 30 minutes if you know what you're doing. <br />
<br />
What I would specifically like to find from documentation is:<br />
the total number of pages in the report<br />
how to set the displayed page number to a specific page.<br />
I presume Javascript timers will work, and was going to put my script into onRender, or onCreate of the Body in the outline view.<br />
<br />
There is this <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/714-reusable-library-for-reloading-a-report/'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/714-reusable-library-for-reloading-a-report/</a> which is a good start.<br />
<br />
Many thanks!