Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
upgrading to 2.6.2 causes runtime failure
intellinx
Hello,
1 - I've been using 2.5.2 until now with no problems.
2 - I use birt through its runtime api only(genReport.bat)
3 - after download and extraction I did not do any change to the files
4 - my application creates a command line string and sends it to birt.
5 - my application hasn't changed.
6 - I am not a programmer
7 - Problem decription:
I provide the batch file with the output path switch.
in 2.6.2, birt fails to create the output directory.
- when I switch back to 2.5.2, all is OK again.
- when I copy the command and run it directly from CMD all is OK too.
questions:
what could be the cause of this?
what is the order of actions: report creation or folder creation
I am asking this because maybe the report creation fails(though I see no errors)
if the folder is first than I would suspect security permission issue.
if the folder is first but the error is caused by the report generation than I should expect to see a folder created anyway, right?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Susana
If no folder is created, I would say it's a security permission issue.
Is BIRT running under admin credentials?
intellinx
thanks Susana,
how do i pass admin rights to birt?
isn't it decided according to the application calling birt?
BTW - i read somewhere that after deploying birt runtime 2.6.2
i should clean/remove some files?
is that correct & if so what should i remove?
Susana
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'intellinx'" data-cid="82382" data-time="1315398516" data-date="07 September 2011 - 05:28 AM"><p>
thanks Susana,<br />
<br />
how do i pass admin rights to birt?<br />
isn't it decided according to the application calling birt?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
yes, hence the question - do the credentials you're running under have the right profile?<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' ><p>
BTW - i read somewhere that after deploying birt runtime 2.6.2<br />
i should clean/remove some files?<br />
is that correct & if so what should i remove?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I wouldn't know, I've started off at 2.6.2....<br />
<br />
Have you set your log level to fine to see what error messages you get?<br />
Or try setting full control permissions for everyone and see if the problem is solved - confirming it's got to be permissions - or not.