Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
get DS connection inside script
Yunmanger
Hello, <br />
<br />
Here is my problem. I wrote some Java "util" classes which I'm trying to use from Javascript on a report.<br />
My report is deployed under Jboss and uses JNDI DS.<br />
<br />
Now I want my "util" classes run some queries to db, for example: return currency rate for some date.<br />
"util" classes are placed in ReportEngine/lib, so they do not have access to Jobss's Data Source.<br />
<br />
We can create new connection in "util" classes. But I think the better way would be, to provide connection to "util" class from report at run time. So DataSets and "util" classes would use the same connection.<br />
<br />
question:<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>Is there any way to get db connection at runtime from javascript?</strong><br />
<br />
thank you!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Not sure if this will help, but here's a thread that covers the same issue and suggest using the app server connection pool to grab the connection.
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/designing-birt-reports-forums/eclipse-forum/