Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Timezone problem
sarika.np
Build ID: 2.6.1
Reportengine: 2.6.1
In my application, the date values are stored in database as GMT. I am using the web viewer application deployed in tomcat server as the run time engine. My local time zone is IST(GMT+5.30). I am generating report by passing __timezone=GMT to the report engine.
Now, say in table one date field is there with value 01-Sep-2011 04:30:00 AM(This is in GMT). But in report, it is showing as 31-Aug-2011 11:00:00 PM. It is again doing -5.30 to convert to GMT. But, since the data is already in GMT, in this case no need for conversion. I think birt is considering that the data is in IST and converting it to GMT by doing minus 5.30.
How can I tell the report engine that the data is by default in GMT timezone so that when __timezone=GMT, no need to convert it again and show the date as it is available.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
I guess my first question is, if you have the times in GMT as it is, why are you passing it as a parameter?