Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Chart Legend Font on Linux
crowt999
Hello all... We are rendering our birt reports on sun and Linux machines (we have the run-time wrapped in Java), and for Charts that are rendered on the Linux machines, it is not picking up the Arial font that we have set. It seems to be grabbing some default from somewhere, and I need to verify where that is.
I've been working with all of the fontsConfig files (fontsConfig, FontsConfig_pdf, and fontsConfig_linux) Tried setting the path of the Arial font directly (<path path="/usr/local/bfm/std/BirtExtraFonts/Arial.ttf" />)
and setting the serif and sans-serif font aliases to Arial... etc.etc.etc... I've tried many configs, and non seem to work on Linux (the default configs work fine on SUN) Attached are 2 images, of the SUN legend, and LINUX legend... I'm thinking that I need to modify the -JAVA_HOME-/jre/lib/fonts dir and add the Arial fonts there, but I wanted to try and confirm that before I get the requisite teams involved to do that for me.
As always any help will be appreciated...
Dean
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
I don't have a Linux box to test on, so I'll have to rely on other posts. Here's a post that talks about adding fonts in BIRT:
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/105061/