Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Large xml file as data-source, performance issue
quakol
Hello,
I'm using xml files as data source, some of those are very large, in this particular example 23MB (about 40,000 rows). Birt viewer is usually throwing OutOfMemoryError, even with this problem solved it takes very long time to gen the report. I can't set limit on displayed data set rows. Is there a way to in BIRT to fetch first 100 or so rows, gen the report, then when I'm on last page of the report fetch another 100? Any other solutions maybe?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
You could use parameters and dataSet filters and drill throughs to do so. This might make your performance better. I know that the Actuate viewer has progressive viewing that allows the first page to be shown while the rest of the report is being rendered, so you could potentially build this into the open source viewer if you had the know how.