Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Display report with Dyanamic Columns
pawasarmol
Hello All,
I have this very peculiar requirement where in , my output report will always be changing.
Like based on certain conditions my output columns can be 4-5 or it can vary up to say 60-70. i.e. my Select Query will be chaining always.
Can anybody guide me in this regard , as in how can I achieve this, I know i can replace the query dynamically,
but how can i change the table mapping to show the no. of columns based on the select clause and also add /remove columns to the table?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
If you know the columns based on a parameter, you can build your table dynamically in script in each report.
pawasarmol
Can you elaborate more, "If you know the columns based on a parameter,"
I can populate the column names in an List and also values in List at runtime. How can i use this to generate a dynamic table ? Can you point out to some helpful link ?
Thanks a lot for your time.
johnw
http://digiassn.blogspot.com/2007/11/birt-dynamic-adding-tables-and-columns.html