Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Customize Datasource properties from rptlibrary does not work
pmarsteau
Hi,
I need your help.
I have a rptlibrary with a dozen of datasets that are all using a single datasource (from that same rptlibrary).
I have then a rpttemplate that refers to the rptlibrary (reuses several of the rptlibrary datasets).
Finally, I have a rptdesign that was created based on the rpttemplate.
Now the rptdesign contains references to the rptlibrary datasets. However, I want to change the endpoint pointed by the datasource specified in the rptlibrary to a specific endpoint to be used only by the rptdesign. Library should not be modified (read-only). I need a way to customize the datasource once in the rptdesign without having to override the individual datasets referred in the rptdesign/rpttemplate.
I tried to drag the datasource from the rptlibrary into the rptdesign, and updated the endpoint. The rptdesign now contains a datasource definition that extends the one from the rptlibrary, which contains the customized properties (e.g. endpoint). I can see the customized properties while looking at the xml source of the rptdesign.
But this does not work. Running the report, it still tries to connect to the endpoint specified in the rptlibrary, ignoring the customized properties of the datasource extended in the rptdesign.
Alternatively, I tried to add another datasource in the rptdesign, then override the datasets to use that other datasource. This works, but is not practicable, since I would need to override each and every datasets from the rptlibrary/rpttemplate my rptdesign needs, which is a painful manual and error-prone process. What I do not understand, is that if customizing a property of a dataset (extending the rptlibrary dataset) works, why wouldn't customizing a property of a datasource (extending the rptlibrary datsource)???
Any idea why the customized/extended properties are ignored?
Is this a bug or intended design?
Is there a way to customize a datasource property and have this honoured by the rptdesign?
Thanks for your help!
Philippe
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Philippe,
From the sounds of it, it sounds like it might be a bug. You might file it and see if there is an explanation for why it is this way.
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/resources/bug-reporting/
pmarsteau
Bugzilla filed under
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=357658