Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
repagination
Ansh
Dear Birt Experts,
I want to display page number in Master page footer to recount page number for group data set.
For ex: Page 1 of 5, 2 of 5, 3 of 5, 4 of 5, 5 of 5 for one group and
Page 1 of 10,2 of 10, continues.....for next group ,
continues.....
Please help me :unsure: .
I am using BIRT v2.3.2 and generating o/p in PDF view.
I am attaching one of my report for your reference.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Take a look at this example in the devShare:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1404-group-page-numbering/
Ansh
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="82721" data-time="1316007153" data-date="14 September 2011 - 06:32 AM"><p>
Take a look at this example in the devShare:<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1404-group-page-numbering/'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1404-group-page-numbering/</a><br
/></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hello Sir,<br />
<br />
I did the same thing as you told me, I ran the report with separate run and render. <br />
But I guess there is one problem. Report that you have shared has 2 page output for "FRANCE" or for "SPAIN" groups , but still the page number is displayed as "Page 1 of 1" at the bottom. :unsure: <br />
<br />
I am not sure how to increase the page count if there is a page break in between the output <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/public/style_emoticons/'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/public/style_emoticons/</a><#EMO_DIR#>/confused.gif
means it should be "Page 1 of 2" on first output page and then "Page 2 of 2" on second output page.<br />
<br />
Thanks
Ansh
Hi Williams, <br />
After applying the same logic into my report I am getting weird <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/public/style_emoticons/'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/public/style_emoticons/</a><#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif
output.<br />
<br />
I am attaching them for your reference.<br />
<br />
Thanks in Advance.<br />
Ansh
mwilliams
We figured out what was wrong with the sample. The page break interval in the example from the devShare was 40 when it should have been 35. I have re-uploaded that with the one from my computer. Not sure why the uploaded one was different than the version I have. As for your design, you'll need to make sure you can force a page break to happen. If you let the natural page break happen in BIRT 2.3.2, the end of page script events don't happen, therefore the page number doesn't increment, so your group pages will not be correct. Good luck.