Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Row values to Columns
sandeepsu
Hi Experts,
I am working on one of the report design where in the data is read from the CSV in the below format where X is repeated data
r1 rr1 X X
r2 rr2 X X
r3 rr3 X X
so the requirement here is to transpose the first and second column data , also having format as below
r1 r2 r3 X X
rr1 rr2 rr3
These values r1 - r3 and rr1 to rr3 are all text values so i dont have an option of creating a cube here, so crosstab does not help. I tried using table, data, grid, list but seems like i am not able to do it
Please let me know as to how i can accomplish this task
Thanks in advance,
~ Sandeep
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
I'm not sure I'm fully understanding. You only want to display X X in the first row of the transposed data? Can you explain further? Maybe with some actual sample data. Thanks.
sandeepsu
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="82740" data-time="1316016300" data-date="14 September 2011 - 09:05 AM"><p>
I'm not sure I'm fully understanding. You only want to display X X in the first row of the transposed data? Can you explain further? Maybe with some actual sample data. Thanks.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
The txt file attached contains the sample data, if you see the sample data the last two columns "Section Custom Field ID" and "Section Custom Field Value" are the ones which are unique. so what i am trying to achieve here is that data from each row of the Section Custom Field ID column will be the column header and data from the corresponding each row of data will become its row data.<br />
Ex<br />
Before <br />
Column: Section Custom Field ID<br />
Row: ActionPlanProgress<br />
<br />
After: <br />
Column Header: ActionPlanProgress<br />
Row data : Progress Being Made and on Track<br />
<br />
so from the input what i am trying to achieve is to have data as attached in the output required.<br />
<br />
Let me know if you have any questions...<br />
~ Sandeep