Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Shared .rptlibrary modification not applied after republishing resource
Ilalaina
Hello,
I'm using .rptlibraries which are shared for all my reports to avoid rewriting queries.
I put them in the shared resources folder in designer.
When I publish my reports to iServer, after publishing resources, everything is working fine.
But when I modify a library (for example I concatenate text to one dataset's row), and then re-publish this library to iServer the changes are not recognized until I restart the iServer.
Can you tell me please if there's a way to avoid this, or if this is a bug.
Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
averma
Hi Ilalaina,
This is a known bug. The only workaround at this time is to rename the library (and modify the BIRT design to reflect the name change).
Ashwini
Ilalaina
Thanks for the reply.
I also tried to delete the library from iServer first and then re-upload it but no change.
It works when you re-upload the rptdesign to iServer.
In this case, I presume there's no benefit to use libraries
because you have to re-upload each library ?
averma
Hi Ilalaina,
I am sure this is only a temporary issue and will eventually be fixed. How often do you need to modify your library? If its not too frequent, you could schedule a iServer restart as a temporary solution. iServer restart is quick and persists all your batch jobs.
Ashwini
Ilalaina
Hi Averma,
Thanks for your advice, that's what I'll do.
Ilalaina.