Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Filling a cell with color depending upon value
kumaresh
Hi
Have a look at the picture that i have attached. The report am currently working on has a requirement like this. If the value is 98%, the cell has to be filled up to 98 % of its width by a color upon a cell whose background is with another specific color. And in this, the value, here, 98%, should always be displayed right aligned.
I have attached a report. The approach I have followed is, I have used a dynamic text element to fill up with with the color by specifying the corresponding value as its cell width. In this approach, am not able to get the value (say, 98%) to appear on the right side of the bar.
Whether the bar is half filled or fully filled, the value should appear only in the right hand side. For this purpose only, I have used two dynamic text elements.
Also, the report is needed in PDF format too. While exporting the report as PDF, i observed few changes. i.e., i fixed the height of the dynamic text equal to that of the cell that holds the dynamic text. While running in Web Viewer, the dynamic text appears correctly. But while running in PDF, only half the height of the dynamic text is filled with the color specified.
Can anyone suggest me with ideas to crack this?
Also if there are anyother approaches to do this, request the members to share those with me.
PS - I tried using a chart. Right aligning the labels option was not available in it. Also this bar comes along in a table (in a column) in the report am working on.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Take a look at the modified attached example.
Jason
kumaresh
Jason
Thanks for your reply.
But i still have one issue. When the percentage bar is around 85 - 95 %, then the value specified has to overlap between the two colours.
So is there a way to fix the position of the second dynamic text element in the grid in the right side ?
Or is there a way to overlap one dynamic text element to appear always above another?
And what is the use of z-index in the Advanced Properties? Can you give an example if possible?
JasonW
The z index parameter is for a future free-form layout method. It is not implemented yet.
I do not know of a way other than using a text element with embedded html to handle the overlapping. I wish I could be more help.
Jason