Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Calling BIRt using Query
Ronak
Hi,
I wanted to know that is there possibility of calling BIRT using SQL query.
If yes then How..
Please demonstrate..or give any example if available.
Thanks
Ronak
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
cypherdj
Yes, you can define a JDBC data source (your DB connection), then define a data set which will use this data source to obtain the connection and run the SQL code specified in your data set.
I think this FAQ about BIRT answers exactly your question:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/BIRT/FAQ/Data_Access#Q:_What_is_a_.22data_source.22_and_a_.22data_set.22.3F
Hope that helps,
Cedric
Ronak
Hi,
I found the following query in one of the actuate PDF. Its FROM part is tricky...I am not getting this. How can we use this query within BIRT and what it actually does?
Query is as follow:
WITH ( minTotal DECIMAL, maxTotal DECIMAL )
SELECT o.id, o.date
FROM "/sales/orders.sma" o
WHERE o.salesTotal BETWEEN :minTotal AND :maxTotal
Thanks
Regards
Ronak