Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Charts based on grouping
Uday Reddy
Hi,<br />
<br />
I have a requirement. Below is the data set available.<br />
<br />
<strong class='bbc'>Technologist Exam_Count Modality</strong><br />
DGG 243 CT<br />
HDS 224 CT<br />
PAP 214 CT<br />
TN 192 CT<br />
GVN 191 CT<br />
DJN 174 CT<br />
PSS 152 CT<br />
Unknown 144 CT<br />
JDC 137 CT<br />
ML 134 CT<br />
AJ 132 CT<br />
CC 137 MR<br />
EH 107 MR<br />
RIE 84 MR<br />
DBW 80 MR<br />
KK 74 MR<br />
SHS 74 MR<br />
SS 74 MR<br />
Unknown 74 MR<br />
RTN 72 MR<br />
JRA 62 MR<br />
DK 56 MR<br />
MC 56 MR<br />
JT 53 MR<br />
<br />
<br />
For each Modality type (eg. CT,MR) I need to generate a pie chart with Technologist Vs Exam_Count having top 10 exam_counts.<br />
<br />
Thanks, for the help.<br />
<br />
Uday.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
What is your BIRT version?
cypherdj
You just need to use the optional grouping on your modality column to get multiple pies, one per modality "group".
See the example attached, which expects a CSV file as source.
In my case, this file is named data.csv in the folder C:\work\tools\birt-rcp-report-designer-2_5_1\workspace
This example was done with BIRT Designer 2.5.1.
See attached image showing the resulting chart (not sure why it's not showing the exam count for that technologist in the slice label there, I think I left all data types as String, instead of integer for exam_count maybe)
I hope this helps,
Cedric
Uday Reddy
Thanks for the reply.
Let me explain my requirement in a pictorial way.
1. The Data Set is to be divided into groups based on the Modality.
2. For each Modality I need one pie chart with top 10 exam_counts and a legend.
I have attached an image file.
Tried doing in the following (but failed).
List (Grouped on Modality)
Header
GH1
Detail
GF1
TECH_TABLE
PIE CHART (Which uses TECH_TABLE)
Footer.
Are there any better ways to achieve this.
Uday Reddy
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="83001" data-time="1316462216" data-date="19 September 2011 - 12:56 PM"><p>
What is your BIRT version?<br /></p></blockquote>
BIRT version 2.5.0
mwilliams
Take a look at the attached. I left the detail row of the table so you could see that in fact the top 10 for each group were shown. You can delete the detail row of the table and it will show the same chart.
Hope this helps.
Uday Reddy
Thanks Willams, your solution really helped me.
By taking above solution as reference I tried to introduce one more level of grouping but couldn't achieve it.
Here is the requirement. Sample data set is as follows (attached as File1.txt):
Person Week Count Model_Type
BASKIN CINDY HOPE MD 04-JUL-11 1 Type2
BASKIN CINDY HOPE MD 04-JUL-11 1 Type1
...
...
1. Group on the Model_Type.
2. Group on the Person and find the total_Count.
3. Plot a pie chart for each Model_Type type, Person Vs Total_Count (Top 10).
Also, attaching a pictorial representation of the requirement.