Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Newbie needs report demo with graphs on multiple pages for postscript export.
nolanl
Hi all,
I am trying to assist someone with a problem that is visible when they use a postscript export of their BIRT report. (it generates ok, but when the exported postscript file is printed, the interpreter runs out of memory)
I have several challenges in this matter.
1. I don't know BIRT. I only downloaded the eclipse designer on friday.
2. The people I am helping are not legally able to share *any* information on the contents of their report, so I don't actually know what they are exporting, not the format, layout, or content, though I believe it has graphs / graphics in it.
I have a theory of what may be going wrong, but in order to be sure I am looking for a postscript export of a report that has more than one page (5 or 10 pages would be perfect) with graphs and other content on it.
I have tried many of the demo reports for the online Actuate web demo, but I have not found a report which is longer than a single page *with graphs*. I have been able to generate 100+ page reports that were text only.
Can someone please point me to a report that has multiple pages with graphs and/or graphics on more than just the first page? I would happily try a report design that I could load into the eclipse BIRT designer or other web demos.
Any suggestions of where to go for a newbie like me to get a multi-page graphic-containing report greatly appreciated!
NolanL
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
thuston
I sent you a design in the Support case that was created.
The fastest way to make this output is to use the sample database ClassicModels.
select * from CLASSICMODELS.ORDERS
Drag the DataSet onto the Layout to get a populated Table.
Then create a Group on Status, set to PageBreak After.
Put a Chart in the Group's HeaderRow, sum on customer or order number, categorize by the other or by one of the dates.
Done.