Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to return a zipped report
Uday Reddy
Hi,
How can I get the output of a report( generated either in xls/html/pdf/..) zipped before returning ?
Thanks in advance
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
thuston
I don't think you can in BIRT. Maybe with a custom emitter, but I've never actually tried to write one to see the available functionality.
You could write the output to some directory then have a third party tool zip it before the user is provided with a link to the zip file.
johnw
You could modify the existing emitters to call Javas internal zip libraries to do this before writing to the output buffer. If you're using the Web Viewer, this is really going to be the only way to do this unless you want to muck through the viewer code.