Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Problem Binding Parameters to a Subreport
jgisler
BIRT 2.6.2
Hello,
My report contains a List (outer list) which is bound to Data Set A and groups the data. At the lowest group level of this list, I have another List (inner list) which is bound to Data Set B which contains input parameters that should be supplied by the values from the outer list.
I can see the correct results when I preview the results from data set B. The problem is that when I attempt to run the report and bind parameters from the outer list to the input parameters of the inner list. The default values are used to generate the inner list data. In fact when I set the defaults to non-existent keys in the dataset, I get an empty list.
I attempted to create a csv based example but the binding seems to work differently with CSV files. I can send you my design file but without our data I am not sure how much help that would be.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
thuston
I don't see that you set the parameter binding for the inner list.
Select the nested List.
Go to Properties - Binding - click DataSet Parameter Binding.
Edit each parameter, select the expression builder and choose the appropriate column binding from the outer list.
jgisler
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'thuston'" data-cid="83158" data-time="1316697123" data-date="22 September 2011 - 06:12 AM"><p>
I don't see that you set the parameter binding for the inner list.<br />
<br />
Select the nested List.<br />
Go to Properties - Binding - click DataSet Parameter Binding.<br />
Edit each parameter, select the expression builder and choose the appropriate column binding from the outer list.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
They are actually set for the first list but not the second. I was focused on the first list. However the problem remains. No matter what the outer grouping or inputs, the inner list/crosstab still displays the results from the default inputs.
thuston
I don't understand.
Did you set the inner List's DataSet Parameter Binding to use values from the outer list?
The outer list cannot alter the behavior of the inner list. The inner list must check its container to see what values to use.
I just tested and it works fine for me.