Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Birt Schemas
dianes
Hello all. I have created a new datasource for a new report, narrowed down the schema to the exact database and table I need, but I do not see all fields in the table. Is there a way to change this so I can see all fields in a table?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
dianes
Hello all. I have created a new datasource for a new report, narrowed down the schema to the exact database and table I need, but I do not see all fields in the table. Is there a way to change this so I can see all fields in a table?
thuston
The builder uses a standard StoredProcedure that may not be available on your database or custom JDBC driver.
Can you do a Select * then take a screenshot of the returned output columns and use that to choose specific column names?
dianes
I tried that but it doesn't seem to show all the columns either for some reason. My co-worker is able to access the column names through Microsoft Access, so I also tried querying on the column names I needed found from his list, but sql in birt doesn't recognize the field names for some reason.
What is this standard StoredProcedure? If it would show all column names I would like to see if there a way to configure it. Or if anyone can think of what else the problem could be I would appreciate it. Problem is, I can't do the report asked without those columns.
thuston
What is your database? I hope it's not Access. mdbs can only be read via ODBC and the JDBC:ODBC Bridge driver is unreliable and prone to missing data and bad connections.