Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
A thread running a report seems to be stuck.
SonalD
Hi,
We are experiencing issues when running BIRT out of box and custom reports in Maximo,
Reports run fine from eclipse but when BIRT report is run from maximo , it returns no data . only the report header and footer is visible.
When the server is restarted, first few times the reports seems to be fine, but after sometime all reports are generated as blank tables.
looking at the log several of the following is seen:
[ERROR] A thread running a report seems to be stuck. Details: threadName=[WebContainer : 5], report=[asset_transaction.rptdesign], app=[ASSET_AC], user=[12535], scheduledJob=[false], startTime[Tue Sep 27 08:13:36 CDT 2011], stuck for [820 seconds ]
Kindly help , Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnw
OH MY ****. THANK YOU!!! We have this exact same issue with a client of ours. Can you do me a favor and contact me. I will follow up with them to see if their IBM Support Ticket got anywhere, and see if I can append you incident onto theirs. This was a rather annoying issue that we spent a lot of time, and asked a lot of Maximo consultants, and never got anywhere.
Shoot me an email though my profile on here.
John
micajblock
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'johnw'" data-cid="83409" data-time="1317149821" data-date="27 September 2011 - 11:57 AM"><p>
OH MY ****. THANK YOU!!! We have this exact same issue with a client of ours. Can you do me a favor and contact me. I will follow up with them to see if their IBM Support Ticket got anywhere, and see if I can append you incident onto theirs. This was a rather annoying issue that we spent a lot of time, and asked a lot of Maximo consultants, and never got anywhere.<br />
<br />
Shoot me an email though my profile on here.<br />
<br />
John<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
When you fond the answer please post here. Thank you.
paulk
I have seen this error in my logs since upgrading to Maximo 7.5 but I have not had a problem with blank reports. My error comes from direct print. The report prints right away and then starts logging the "thread stuck" error (at least it works and doesn't say anything to the user).<br />
<br />
I am using Maximo 7.5, SQL Server 2008, Windows 2003 SP2.<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' ><p>When the server is restarted, first few times the reports seems to be fine, but after sometime all reports are generated as blank tables.</p></blockquote>
<br />
How many reports can run before it breaks? Or how much time does it take to break?
johnw
I'm sorry, I was away on vacation and didn't get a chance to follow up with my client. I will follow up and see if IBM support has gotten back to them.