Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Pagination on table with more rows
nicky29
Hello,
I have one problem with my report and I need help.I have a table contains header, details, footer and a data set who return 100 rows. The table display only first 45 rows, the difference is not shown on next page. I think that my report must contain 2 or 3 pages, but it display only first page.How can i set auto height on my table. If i set the height much more, the report display more rows, but i don't want to have a fixed height, i want auto height.
Thanks in advance!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mcremer
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'nicky29'" data-cid="83374" data-time="1317132774" data-date="27 September 2011 - 07:12 AM"><p>
Hello,<br />
<br />
I have one problem with my report and I need help.I have a table contains header, details, footer and a data set who return 100 rows. The table display only first 45 rows, the difference is not shown on next page. I think that my report must contain 2 or 3 pages, but it display only first page.How can i set auto height on my table. If i set the height much more, the report display more rows, but i don't want to have a fixed height, i want auto height.<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance!<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hey Nicky,<br />
<br />
What your telling us is quite confusing. Seeing a Table that's bounded to a data set (just drag your data set to the canvas is a quick way to do this). Will show it full contence.<br />
<br />
Could you attach your report to this tread?
mwilliams
Don't set a height on your table. That could be limiting the output. Also, what is your output type? HTML, PDF, Web Viewer? And do you have a page break interval set up on your table? Let me know.
nicky29
Hello,<br />
<br />
I have a page break condition after first table because first table must be on first page only, but not this is the problem. Another problem with my report is that I have put a footer in master page and I want to put a condition to display the footer only from page 2.<br />
I have used the following code but it's not working:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
if(pageNumber>1){
this.getStyle().display="none";
}
</pre>
I try to export the report in pdf format.<br />
I have attach the report.<br />
<br />
Thank you!
nicky29
Can anyone help me solve problems in this report?
Thanks!
mwilliams
Wouldn't you want the opposite condition if you want to display the element on your masterpage from page 2 on?
if (pageNumber == 1){ //checks if current page is page one
this.getStyle.display = "none" //doesn't display element if above condition is met
}
nicky29
Correct,..my mistake.
I put ">" instead of "==". Now it's working. Thanks!
But the big problem it's still unsolved
. Not all records from second table are displayed in report.
If I have 100 records, only first 42 are displayed. The second table don't have fixed height.
Please can you help me to solve this problem?
Thanks a lot!
mwilliams
No problem.
Any chance you can reproduce the issue with the sample database so I can run it and see exactly what the issue is? Or can you supply some CSV data that I can use to run the report? I'm looking over the design now, but it'd be easier if I could see the issue happen.
mwilliams
Then 2 seconds later, I find it.
On the outer table of your lower table section, the one that is just a group header row, you have a height set of 9.5 inches. If you delete this height setting, it should expand to show all of the rows. Hope this helps.
nicky29
Oh my ****, that's right. Now it's working perfectly!
I search a solution for about two days
.
Excelent,..you saved me!
Thanks a lot!!!
nicky29
Hello,
I have another request
. I need to display in my report all records using exactly order from sql query from my Data Set.In first table the order is FIRST CLIENT then SECOND CLIENT, in the DATA SET from my second table the order is SECOND CLIENT then FIRST CLIENT but my report is generated using the order from first table.
I attached the report file and xml files with some rows for test.
How can i do that?
Thanks!
nicky29
Sorry, i forgot to upload the files.
Thanks!
Jim Phelps
Thanks a million. I'm new to BIRT but old to programming. I had an enclosing grid row height defined and when I removed it...voila.... problem fixed. If I hadn't stumbled across your expert advice who knows how long I would have searched?<br />
<br />
Is there any online tutorials, courses or books you would recommend?<br />
<br />
I purchased "Integrating and Extending BIRT (3rd edition) (eclipse version)" by Weathersby but wonder if there's mention of your advice.<br />
<br />
Again, thank you for posting.<br />
<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="83596" data-time="1317329096" data-date="29 September 2011 - 01:44 PM"><p>
Then 2 seconds later, I find it.
On the outer table of your lower table section, the one that is just a group header row, you have a height set of 9.5 inches. If you delete this height setting, it should expand to show all of the rows. Hope this helps.<br /></p></blockquote>
mwilliams
Hi Jim,
The Eclipse Series book, "BIRT: A Field Guide to Reporting" is also a good one that is centered more around creating reports. Also, this site is a very good resource for BIRT related questions. There are the forums and a devShare where you can find examples. Please let us know whenever you have questions!