Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Stop sql from executing in a subreport
ttessitore
I have a subreport that I don't display by using the visibility setting. It appears that the sql is still executed even when I indicate I want it hidden. Is there a way to stop the sql from being executed for this dataset based on a parameter? My report returns a lot of data and being able to eliminate this sql execution would greatly affect response time.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Since you know by parameter whether you want to display it, try dropping the subtable in the beforeFactory rather than just hiding it.
Name the subtable in the property editor, then, in the beforeFactory do something like:
if (params["myParam"] == "no subtable"){
reportContext.getDesignHandle().findElement("myTable").drop();
}
Hope this helps.
ttessitore
That worked perfectly. Thanks for the help.
mwilliams
No problem. Let us know whenever you have questions!