Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Stacked bar chart with sub categories
Julien401
Hello,
I am trying to design a pretty specific bar chart where I have 3 groups of population over a period of 10 weeks.
Each week is a category and each group is a sub category, I have to show the stacked percentage of happy ppl versus unhappy.
I cannot find any way to "group" bars by sub categories. I have been trying to play with bar charts with multiple secondary axis, this get me close to the expected result but it is to much of a workaround and I cannot achieve the result.
Any advice?
EDIT: I have also been playing with stacked option but I could not get the result, would it be possible to have 6 series (3 groups x 2 values), stack the values by group and get the groups side-by-side?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Angel28
Try choosing "week" for Category (X) series, "population" for Value(Y) series and "group" for Optional Y series grouping.
Julien401
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Angel28'" data-cid="83442" data-time="1317206323" data-date="28 September 2011 - 03:38 AM"><p>
Try choosing "week" for Category (X) series, "population" for Value(Y) series and "group" for Optional Y series grouping.<br /></p></blockquote>
It looked like a promising clue to me, but actually this does not work well with stacked charts
Julien401
I finally found a way to do it reading a bug about a different subject:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=351143
I actually have to make a multi-y axis solution with "side-by-side" option on the axis.
The only point I cannot solve is that the X axis category text is the period only, I would have to somehow specify each population, what I have is:
_____|_____|_____|____________>
week1 week2 week3
What I would like is:
_____|_____|_____|____________>
1 2 3 1 2 3 1 2 3
week1 week2 week3
(I hope this is understandable)