Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Retrieving a chart object from a report and exporting to PNG
Uffe Ronne
Hello,
I'm currently developing a web application in JBoss AS 6.1. I want to be able to display data in a chart based on data from an Oracle database. I have created a report using the report designer containing a single chart and I have been able to render this to HTML and PDF using the 3.7.1 runtime environment. However my original plan was to render it to PNG and embed it on one of my web pages. But I can't seem to find a way to do this. Is this possible and does anyone have a code sample?
Best regards
Uffe
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
You could use the chart engine api in servlet, but then it would not use the datasource from the report. The report uses an img src=.. tag to show the chart. Are you trying to get the image data or if the img src is ok why not use the birt tag libraries in your app and then embed the report (or the chart using a bookmark) in your web page?
Jason
Uffe Ronne
Hi Jason<br />
<br />
Ahh why didn't I think of that. Tag libs are the way to go I think. I will investigate :-)<br />
<br />
Br Uffe<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'JasonW'" data-cid="83487" data-time="1317244395" data-date="28 September 2011 - 02:13 PM"><p>
You could use the chart engine api in servlet, but then it would not use the datasource from the report. The report uses an img src=.. tag to show the chart. Are you trying to get the image data or if the img src is ok why not use the birt tag libraries in your app and then embed the report (or the chart using a bookmark) in your web page?<br />
<br />
Jason<br /></p></blockquote>
JasonW
Here is a link to get you started:
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/deploy/viewerUsageMain.php#tags
Jason