Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Consecutive blocs of same lvl
olimaas
Hi all,
I have a dataset which goes something like :
COL1;COL2;COL3;COL4;COL5;COL6;COL7
1A;1B;1C;2AA;2BB;3AAA;3BBB
1A;1B;1C;2AA;2BB;3CCC;3DDD
1A;1B;1C;2CC;2DD;3AAA;3EEE
1A;1B;1C;2CC;2DD;3CCC;3FFF
1D;1E;1F;2EE;2FF;3AAA;3GGG
1D;1E;1F;2EE;2FF;3HHH;3FFF
coming from the joins of table 1 (starting by 1), table 2 (starting by 2) and table 3.
I try to do the following :
By COL1 :
- (group 1) display COLS 1, 2 and 3
- (group 2) then display the list of distincts (COL4; COL5) for each same COL1
- (another group 2) then display the list of distincts (COL4; COL6; COL7) for each same COL1
which for my data should display
Start of report, first value of COL1
1A 1B 1C
2AA 2BB
2CC 2DD
2AA;3AAA;3BBB
2AA;3CCC;3DDD
2CC;3AAA;3EEE
2CC;3CCC;3FFF
--- second value of COL1
1D 1E 1F
2EE 2FF
2EE 3HHH 3FFF
--- end of report
Anyone can tell me if this is possible and if so, how ?
The PB is in the first part...
Which I do not want to read :
1A 1B 1C
2AA 2BB
2AA;3AAA;3BBB
2AA;3CCC;3DDD
2CC 2DD
2CC;3AAA;3EEE
2CC;3CCC;3FFF
Any help welcome
best regards
Oliver
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
olimaas
up ?
No idears or am I way out of line from what birt does ?
Thanks
(no further uppings not to pollute)
mcremer
Hey olimaas,
Did you try putting a table in a table and filtering?
olimaas
Hello mcremer,
Thanks for your answer.
could you be a little more precise ?
I have a lvl 1 data.
I would like to have a table whith the lvl2 data present for the corresponding lvl 1
then
a table with the lvl 2 and 3 data present for the correspondant lvl 1
no real idea how to filter that in a table.
Best regards
Oliver
mcremer
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'olimaas'" data-cid="83667" data-time="1317632896" data-date="03 October 2011 - 02:08 AM"><p>
Hello mcremer,<br />
Thanks for your answer.<br />
could you be a little more precise ?<br />
<br />
I have a lvl 1 data.<br />
<br />
I would like to have a table whith the lvl2 data present for the corresponding lvl 1<br />
then<br />
a table with the lvl 2 and 3 data present for the correspondant lvl 1<br />
<br />
no real idea how to filter that in a table.<br />
<br />
Best regards<br />
Oliver<br /></p></blockquote>
Hi Oliver,<br />
<br />
You can drag a data set to and make a table a you may know. You can create a grouping then drag the data set in the detail aria. Then filter in the new table using the binding of the other table to create a nested table. You can repeat this as ofhten as you can and this is a way to connect simular data.
olimaas
Thanks a lot,
Trying that and posting the result here.
olimaas
Thanks, it worked (should have rtfm better
)
joined the dragged table with the "outer" corresponding feild that appeared, all worked fine.
Great help !!