Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Problem using Oracle JDBC External Connection Profile
ianau74
I'm able to view the report within the preview window, but when I try to generate the report within a Java application, I get a Null Pointer Exception error saying No connection profile is found by its specified name.
I'm using the ojdbc14.jar driver, and I've also tried using ojdbc5 and ojdbc6 as well, but all result in the same errors. profile.xml exists within the folder C:\Projects\BIRT5\test
Has anyone seen this before? I've attached my report headers,db profile, and source code.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
Are you setting the dtp workspace env variable? Look at the genReport.bat example to see how it is set. Note that this is only required with connection profiles, not standard jdbc connections.
http://wiki.eclipse.org/DTP_1.9_M7_New_and_Noteworthy
also note that you do not need to set birt home:
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Birt_3.7_Migration_Guide
Also remember to only start up one engine and use new task for every report. Starting the platform is expensive.
Jason
ianau74
Thanks Jason. That was exactly what I needed to do to get my report generated. I didn't have the java.io.tmpdir and org.eclipse.datatools_workspace environment variables configured in my application.
However, I'm still seeing 2 minor errors:
Sep 29, 2011 2:26:11 PM org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.internal.ConnectivityPlugin log
SEVERE: Parsing error: invalid attribute (org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.dbprofile: org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.jar.ConfigurationElement@1187eb3)
Sep 29, 2011 2:26:11 PM org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.internal.ConnectivityPlugin log
SEVERE: Parsing error: duplicate factory id with duplicate priority (org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.IConnection)
I guess I can ignore these since my application runs, unless you have an idea about those?
JasonW
I am not certain why this error is happening. Can you open a bugzilla entry?
Jason