Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Configuring location of _BIRT_EMITTER_ file
robbinma
This is a test
I have seen that the _BIRT_EMITTER_ file is being generated.
This file appears to be a temporary file generated to store details of the report being written.
On our systems this is being written to /tmp which is causing concern amongst the system administrators.
I have tried changing the java.io.tmpdir but then my administrator couldn't find the file at all.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
robbinma
Hello,
I have seen that a file beginning with _BIRT_EMITTER_ file is being generated by the BIRT engine.
This file appears to be a temporary file generated to store details of the report being written.
On our systems this is being written to /tmp which is causing concern amongst the system administrators.
I have tried changing the java.io.tmpdir but then my administrator couldn't find the file even when a large report was being run.
Any advice on how to change the location would be appreciated.
I am using this within a standard Maximo installation but I think the temp file setting is managed/set via a BIRT setting as it is a BIRT engine.
Best regards,
robbinma