Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Chart axis label dynamic change
sendu
Hi,<br />
<br />
I have to create a chart like I attached(Please note that the revenue mentioned are revenue1,revenue2 like wise). As I know, I can't have two x axis in birt so I am tring to append the 'operator1', 'operator2' to all the respective years.<br />
I can be able to change the label with a same string. how can I identify the label which i have to change (the problem is i have two 2009, two 2010 like) ?<br />
<br />
This is the code I tried :<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>function beforeDrawAxisLabel( axis, label, icsc ){
importPackage(Packages.java.lang);
importPackage(Packages.java.util);
importPackage(Packages.org.eclipse.birt.chart.model.attribute);
if (axis.getType() == AxisType.TEXT_LITERAL){
var oldlbl = label.getCaption().getValue();
label.getCaption().setValue(oldlbl+'\n2009');
axis.setLabel(label);
}
}</pre>
<br />
need your Help <br />
Senduran
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
sendu
Hi,
Still I couldn't find a solution for this !
Anybody please suggest me a way to achieve this
Is there an api or recommended documentation for BIRT script functions (event functions) ?
thank u
mwilliams
I'm not sure that this is possible. This is similar to optional grouping, but I just don't know that you'll be able to get it like this. I could be wrong though. The way I've seen this is how you said in your first post. The adding it to the x-axis field. You could always file an enhancement request for the layout to work this way.