Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Help displaying weighted average!
swampDev
I have a cross tab that I need to be a summary report for a survey that collects data. The data is sorted by agent->question, and then the question answers are listed as the columns. The question answers are rankings (i.e. 5 for very satisfied), and the data being calculated and shown in the 'cross region' is the count of how many people answered that particular columns answer. Since the answers are integers from 1-5, and I want the average of each row in the crosstab, I need to take the count for that cell, multiply by the answers column ranking, and divide by the total number of columns....is there an easy way to do this that I'm missing...it is the column ranking playing into this that is messing with me. Thanks!
I am using birt 3.7
Alright, still working on this....I've now attached the file to see if that get's any insight.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
swampDev
Anyone?!? I am stumped!
mwilliams
Sorry for the delay, I was off at JavaOne this week. Are you still having this issue? Is the above report done using the sample database?
swampDev
Hi, no it's is fine. I should have updated this post. I posted on the general forum and found a solution. Here is the link to that forum:<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/topic/23654-aggregating-derived-measures-in-birt-3-7/page__pid__83779__st__0&#entry83779'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/topic/23654-aggregating-derived-measures-in-birt-3-7/page__pid__83779__st__0&#entry83779</a><br
/>
<br />
Thanks for getting back, though!<br />
<br />
Cheers.
mwilliams
Thanks for the update! Let us know whenever you have questions!