Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
a problem with loading dcr's with iwpt_load_dcr
kss
Hi,
I am new to Teamsite Templating. I wanted to know is there a physical limit on the number of dcr's that can be loaded with iwpt_load_dcr() in a single tpl. I am having a problem -- the html pages are generated properly when number of dcr's is 21. But as soon i add one more dcr then blank page is generated. I don't know if there is a limit which is set on templating.cfg file, or it is a hard limit of teamsite templating.
Also If there is a way to unload the dcr's in .tpl file I would like to know that.
I would appreciate any help.
Thanks
kunjal.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mogoo
I don't think there's a limit... we run a script that goes through hundreds of files. You have to filter out directories, though. Once your script tries to iwpt_load_dcr() on a dir, it'll die. That might be what's happening in your case.
Good luck!
maureen
kss
Thanks maureen for the reply,
But I am filtering out the directories(. and ..) before calling the iwpt_load_dcr(). I don't have any directories in the dcr directory. And as I said the html pages are generated properly for less than 21 dcr's. but once i add one more dcr the templating tool hangs (only generating the blank.html page). I am using a single presentation template .tpl file to get the dcr's and generate the html page. I can't figure out why the html page is not generated.
Thanks once again for your reply.
Regards
kunjal.
Sunil Mugalavally
Try placing the set of code that loads the DCRs in a seperate ".ipl" and call the ipl using the system command inside your presentation template.
Hope this helps.
kss
Thanks for the reply,
I am pretty new to teamsite templating. Can someone give me an example of .ipl file. Also I don't know how to invoke system calls from presentation template. Is it possible that the space allocated to my workarea in teamsite is full, so i am not able to load any more dcr's in the presentation template ?
Thanks
kunjal.
Sunil Mugalavally
I kind of had the same problem.
It is not because of the space allocated for WAs though ..
I used the < iw_include pt> to include a tpl that did all iw_load_dcr stuff.
Ex.
In the presentation template include the tags
"<
iw_include pt ='dcr_load.tpl' mode ='ptlocal'/>"
and palce the code for iw_load_dcr in the "dcr_load.tpl"
kss
Thanks for the reply,
I am getting what you are saying, but my problem is that I don't know which dcr's to load beforehand. So is there a way to pass file variable to another tpl -- dcr to load. Also I had one more question. I am loading the same dcr more than once in a tpl. Does this create problems. I am creating my navigation and central content all in a single tpl and both the navigation and central content requires the same dcr.
Help will be appreciated.
Thanks
kunjal.
Kunjal Shah.
Co-op, Web Development Group,
GlaxoSmithKline,
RTP, USA.
kss
I am sorry. I found out my problem. There was a problem with my perl code and nothing to do with the number of dcr's to load.
thanks anyways for all the replies.
kunjal.
Kunjal Shah.
Co-op, Web Development Group,
GlaxoSmithKline,
RTP, USA.