Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Problem with XML DataSource
rsoika
Hi,
I try to build a report form a XML Data Source using Eclipse Indego (on Ubuntu/Linux) - Birt Plugin Version 3.7.1.
I can connect to the XML Datasource which comes from a URL with basic authentification.
In the 'Edit data Set' Dialog I can successful navigate through the schema.
I also can 'Preview Results'. Everything seems to work fine.
Next I try to build a simple report layout with one datatable. I can bind my data set to the table.
No errors - everything seems still to work fine.
But when I click on the 'Preview', Birt Report Designer asks for my username/passwort to access the XML URL and I can see a 'progress bar'. In the next moment Eclipse cashes completely :-(
Did anybody know this bug? Is there any solution
Thanks for any help
===
Ralph
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
rsoika
After all it seems to have nothing to do with the XML Data Set.
When I start a new empty report with an empty template and click on 'Preview', Eclipse crashes immediately :-(
It seems similar to this posting:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/topic/22743-birt-designer-crashes-when-prevewingrunning-in-embedded-web-browser/
But also starting Elcipse with the option
-vmargs -Dorg.jboss.tools.vpe.loadxulrunner=false
did not help
rsoika
I found a workaround to solve the problem with the eclipse crash.
I changed the Preview Preference of the 'Report Design' to 'Always use external browsers'
Then when I use the Menu action 'Run->View Report->in Web View' I can see the preview in my OS Browser and Eclipse stays alive