Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
a question regarding visualformat external editor
kss
Hi,
I had a query regarding the data capture form which is generated from datacapture.cfg. I want the visualformat external editor to insert <br> tags instead of <p> tags when the content-contributor gives a new-line (pressing enter in the editor window). How do I do this ? I don't want content-contributor editing the html content for this.
Thanks.
kunjal.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
In your visualformatconfig.xml change the value of shiftenter or create one in the standard tag
<standard autoclean="true" publish="xhtml" publishviewassource="true" continueparagraph="false" shiftenter="true">
By default, eWebEditPro inserts a paragraph tag (<p>)
when the user presses <Enter>.
To change this behavior so that a linebreak <br />
appears when the user presses <Enter>, set it to
“true”.
let us know how it goes
Michael Villa
IWOV TechSupport
kss
Thanks for the information.
I have asked my Teamsite Administrator to make this changes in the visualformatconfig.xml. I wanted to know can we have our own visualformat config file in our workspace ? and if yes then can I get the format and syntax for that.
Thanks a lot
kunjal.
Kunjal Shah.
Co-op, Web Development Group,
GlaxoSmithKline,
RTP, USA.
ela
Hi, you can create different visualformatconfig.xml files with different names, of course, and refer to the relevant one in the datacapture template, e.g.:
<textarea external-editor="visualformat" external-editor-config="jobs_vfcfg.xml" cols="500" rows="200" rtf="t"/>
where jobs_vfcfg.xml is your config file.
If this isn't what you wanted, then could you please explain a bit more?
ela