Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Create dynamic table coloum order with parameter
Phill
Hello,
i want to generate a table into the report, with a dynamich coloum order.
I have the dataset with the different coloumns and i have a json parameter with the coloum order.
To read the json is no problem, but how i can create dynamicly coloumns into a table?
Maybe with Java? If i call a java method and as parameter i take the table and in java i add the coloumns?
thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
CBR
Yes it's best to generate the report dynamically using java. It would be possible to do it in native BIRT but the report would be very complex and the number of columns have to be static.
Have a look at the design engine API.
The link attached is quite old (2009) but it should work with some minor modifications (perhaps you want to search for a newer example your own...there should be one in the dev share too but can't find it at the moment):
http://wiki.eclipse.org/Java_-_Build_Dynamic_Table_(BIRT)
Phill
Hello,
thank you for your fast answer.
I use the RP API and i can only use these.
The number of the coloums are always the same. Only the order is changing.
I have to create it, directly in the report design with java.
I have worked with java in the reports, but only to create and sort data.
Exist good Tutorials to use java directly into Reports? (Chart Ojects, DataSets, etc.)
I found to this topic no information and no tutorials.
thanks