Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
predefine DCR saving location in config file
tobias
As I couldn't find appropriate information in the manuals my question to the devnet:
Is it possible to automatically store DCRs in a specified subdirectory of the
templatedata/category/type/data
directory?
I understand that I can configure the behaviour of the templating's
Save
button but is there another way to pre-set the location in any of the configuration files?
We're using TS5.5.2 on WindowsNT.
Thanks for any suggestion.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
I do not believe that the configuration file (templating.cfg) allows you to pre-ordain a sub-directory for saving the DCR in.
You can, using FormAPI (datacapture.cfg) explicitly set the save-name of the DCR so that clicking on Save will not prompt you for a name - but I'm not sure how the procedure works if you specify a sub-directory that does not yet exist (anyone dealt with this yet?)
You can also pre-create blank DCRs in the sub-directory you want with the file name you want, as part of a workflow, and then just have the user edit the blank DCR - in which case it will already exist in a pre-ordained directory.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)