Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Setting up classpath for eclipse report design preview
hedefalk
Hi,
I'm using BIRT as an Eclipse plugin to design reports in an existing Maven/Scala project with m2eclipse. Unfortunately, the design preview doesn't use the projects classpath, so I have to manually set it up under Project settings -> Report design -> Classpath. And there it is not possible to specify library (jar-containers) like maven-deps, and scala-lib, or JRE so I have to manually go under my m2-repo and add all the dependencies as external jars.
I can actually add other projects in the workspace to the classpath but not the actual project itself so I would guess that this is hard-set to always be there. And maybe the things added there is only in EXTENSION to what's already on the projects classpath. In that case it is however probably not done correctly since my maven-dependencies and scala-dependencies specified like:
<classpathentry kind="con" path="org.scala-ide.sdt.launching.SCALA_CONTAINER"/>
<classpathentry kind="con" path="org.maven.ide.eclipse.MAVEN2_CLASSPATH_CONTAINER"/>
in .classpath are NOT included.
Is it in the pipe to have this fixed? I figured since BIRT is a Maven project, it should work with m2eclipse? Or am I missing something?
Thanks,
Viktor
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
hedefalk
Ok, I found a related bug report:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=332056
Thanks,
Viktor