Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT changing dates in result set
RBAAK2
Birt is subtracting two days from a Date Value.
If I have the result set
2011-08-12
2011-08-12
2011-08-01
Birt will change it to
2011-08-10
2011-08-10
2011-07-30
This seems to only happen when I am running BIRT on a Windows 7 64 machine. When I run the same report file on an XP machine the results are correct
I was developing the reports on an XP machine and I also did not see an error. However when I installed Eclipse on a Windows 7 Machine the error returned.
I'm using SQL Server and on both platforms the data shows correctly.
I was using BIRT 2.6 and updated to BIRT 3.7 and it also did not correct the error.
All my drivers and setting are up to date also. Any clue on why the dates might be changing?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
They are already changed in the "preview results" window of your dataSet editor? Or do they show correct there? If you use the sample database, do you see this difference as well? I've got BIRT installed on my personal computer with XP and on my work computer with Windows 7, so I can try it on both if you send me a file that I can run that shows the error to confirm it. Let me know.
RBAAK2
Yes, I had the data coming out of a SP but I took it out and made it a simple query in a dataset and the dates were coming back incorrect.
I will try to get you something you can use soon
mwilliams
Perfect, thanks!
RBAAK2
When I create a file to use as a data source the problem doesn't show up in BIRT. So I'm not sure what I could send you to help troubleshoot. The DB I'm using is SQL Server 2008 the column on the table is formatted : SampleDate(Date:Not Null).
mwilliams
So, no luck recreating with the sample database? Hmmm. I might try it with Access when I get a chance on my home PC and see if I see the same thing. If you don't use a stored procedure, does it happen with your SQL Server DB?
RBAAK2
I'm having an issue with the AdventureWorks sample db on the Windows 7 computer for some reason. I will keep working through this to try to get an example.
The error only shows on BIRT as a stored procedure or a regular SQL query. The error does not show in SQL Server. If I run the report on the runtime locally on the Windows 7 pc the error also shows but if I run it on the runtime with an XP pc it doesn't show.
mwilliams
Sorry. I meant through BIRT in a query, not using stored procedure! I've not heard of anyone else having this issue, so I'm not sure where it could be happening. I'll try setting up databases on my XP computer and Windows 7 computer and see if I can see the same issue.
RBAAK2
Yes, It shows in BIRT through a query.
RBAAK2
I have been going through querys on some of the tables and this problem only seems to happen with the date data type. It does not change with the datetime data type. I don't think we were using date before this month so I never noticed this.
RBAAK2
I used convert (datetime, sampledate, 101) to return the data and the correct date came through.
mwilliams
Sorry for the delayed response. I was not in the office last Friday. Glad you figured out what was happening! Let us know whenever you have questions!