Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Grids always add some white space
jpasley
When adding a grid, it always seems to introduce some white space. If grids are nested within other grids, this space adds up. As grids are used as containers to arrange other items on the page, this extra space can cause difficultly when designing a report.
Attached is the simplest report design I could create that illustrates the problem (
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
lnix
Every grid cell has a 1 pt padding by default. Setting the padding of each grid cell to 0 will make the text line up. See the attached design.
Thanks,
Lindsay
jpasley
Lindsay,
Thanks ? that fixed the problem.
The design view continues to show the text indented even though it is rendered correctly in PDF. Are there any plans to update the designer so that it matches the PDF output?
James.
lnix
I'm unaware of any plans to change the designer. I actually like that there is a bit of space on the design, though. It makes it easier to identify the pieces of the report.
Glad I could help