Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Searchbox in report
xpaterna
Hi,
I try to put a search box in my report but I can't do it.
Imagine you're using the Classic Cars DB and you have a table with the next dataset:
SELECT * FROM CLASSICMODELS.CUSTOMERS
What I want is a searchbox where you can write the customer id (for example "102") and click on "search" and then you can go directly to the row of the customer 102.
I don't want to re-run the report, I only want to go to that row.
Sorry for my english and thanks to all.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnw
You will need to use a combination of the Text element set as HTML, and some Bookmarks. So for each row, you will create a bookmark using the CUSTOMERID field. Then, you will put a Text element set as HTML in the header of the report (or someplace), and use some standard HTML to create the search box. In the search forms onsubmit, you can just use document.getElementById('CUSTOMERID').scrollIntoView(), or something to that effect to make it jump to that row.
xpaterna
Hi john,
Thanks for your reply. That's works for me, but I have a little problem.
If the result is too long, in the browser I have some pages that show the result, how can I jump directly to the page where is what I'm searching?
If I search for the customer 496 (is the last customer), that customer is in the 4th page, how can I jump from the 1st page to the 4th?
Thank you very much.