Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Using my report parameter correctly
AlbertYu
Hello,
I would like to use my check-box report parameter (its value will be either True or False).
I would like to show my report like this if the value is true:
Application Owning Organisation
App 1 Org 1
App 3 Org 3
App 4 Org 3
App 5 Org 4
App 7 Org 4
(i.e. shows only those apps with owning organisation)
Otherwise, if the value is false, the report should be like:
Application Owning Organisation
App 1 Org 1
App 2
App 3 Org 3
App 4 Org 3
App 5 Org 4
App 6
App 7 Org 4
(i.e. shows all apps, even those without owning organisation)
I just don't know where to place the code for { if report_parameter = true } or { if report_parameter = false }?. Where can I place these coding elements to enable me to make this work?
Thanks in advance,
Albert
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Hans_vd
Can you do it in the query?<br />
<br />
Something like:<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
SELECT appliciation, owning_organisation
FROM your_table
WHERE ( (owning_organisation IS NOT NULL and ? = true) OR
(owning_organisation IS NULL and ? = false)
)
</pre>
<br />
You'll have to bind the parameter to the dataset twice (two "?"s in the query)<br />
<br />
Hope this helps<br />
Hans