Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
tooltip
spulapalli
hi
I am using cube to build the graph. I wanted to show the tooptip on each bar of the graph. I have created sample report and attached here. on Graph I am displaying customer name as X-axis category, and I want to show customer number as a tooltip for each customer name.
Please suggest me how to show the tooltip on each bar. I am using actuate birt 11sp1
Regards,
SP
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi SP,
Take a look at the modified report I attached. I created persistent global variables named with the customername with a value of the customernumber, in the onFetch of the dataSet. I then recalled these global variables in the interactivity for the value-series. Hope this helps.
Actually, for some reason, I'm unable to attach the report. I keep getting "upload failed".
DataSet onFetch script:
reportContext.setPersistentGlobalVariable(row["CUSTOMERNAME"],row["CUSTOMERNUMBER"].toString())
Tooltip expression for value series:
reportContext.getPersistentGlobalVariable(categoryData)
This worked for me. Let me know if you have questions.
spulapalli
thanks for the quick reply.
actually, in our report we do not have dataset, we are using .data file to generate the graphs. in this scenario, how can we get the customer number.
FYI,I do not have licensed version to create .data file, so i just created with dataset.
Regards,
SP
mwilliams
Somewhere where you have access to the data you're using, you would just need to store the customer numbers into persistent global variables that are named by the customer name.