Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Localization in BIRT
Megha Nidhi Dahal
Hello All,<br />
<br />
How can I set the locale in the designer? I can see <pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>reportContext.getLocale()</pre>
Is there any api to set the locale? I would be receiving the locale as a report parameter.<br />
<br />
I'm not very familiar with localization in BIRT, I have the following understanding (please correct me if wrong):<br />
<ul class='bbcol decimal'><li>If I'm able to change the default locale in the runtime, then the following would happen.</li><li>All Numbers used within the report will be formatted as per the locale if I set the locale in the Format Number tab to Auto.</li><li>This will happen automatically and no additional scripting is to be done.</li></ul>
Need help ASAP!<br />
<br />
Best Regards<br />
MND
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnw
I wrote a post about this. If you are recieving the locale as a param, you can use the reportContext.getMessage function to open your properties files based on the locale. There are other ways also, such as using a ResourceBundle. This way you are not just tied to the systems locale. Its in the documentation, also check the BIRT Wiki.