Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
The same example for BIRT 3.7
internet
Hello,
is there anywhere a example for this example for BIRT 3.7 ???
I mean this example here:
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/devshare/deploying-birt-reports/1344-eclipsecon-2011-api-examples/
But this is for BIRT 2.5
Or which JAR?s should I overwrite ?
There?s some other JAR?s in BIRT 3.7
Can anybody help me, please.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
The java files I opened showed this using the 2.6.2 runtime. If you're using 3.7, you'll need to update the java files to point to your runtime.
CBR
Hi,
Michael is right. The BIRT jar files are not part of the download otherwise the download would be about 200MBs. You should try to download the BIRT runtime download from the Eclipse homepage. It's a zip file. The file contains a folder called ReportEngine with a subfolder called lib. Add all jar files from the lib folder to the classpath of the example projects. After that you should remove any setBIRTHome(...) method call in the example code.
The API is pretty stable so i m nearly sure that it will work without any other changes to the code.
internet
Okay, thank you.<br />
I have now include all JAR from BIRT 3.7 to the project "ChartBuilder".<br />
But now I get a compile error in the class "DefaultDataServiceProviderImpl".<br />
<br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' ><p>The type DefaultDataServiceProviderImpl must implement the inherited abstract method IDataServiceProvider.dispose()</p></blockquote>
<br />
If I run the application the wizard starts, but there are many "NullPointerException".<br />
What should I do ?