Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Report error when no data
elpivo
Hi everybody, I'm here to see if you can help me
I'm trying to generate a report but it keeps showing me the binding data error.
I'm using birt 3.7
The report has 2 groups, in the second group it has an aggregations for that group and in the table footer it has an aggregation on the previous aggregation, for the table.
Something like this:
table
group 1
group 2
detail
group 2 agregation1[column_data]
group1
table footer agregation2[agregation1]
So when the reports has no data the second aggregation keeps showing me binding data error.
I attached the log but it's almost irrelevant
Please help meeee!!!!
Thanks in advance!!!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
In your aggregation #2, can you wrap your expression in a check for a null value? If it's not null, use the aggregation in the computation, if it is, use 0 or something? Let me know.
If this doesn't help, could you please recreate the issue with the sample database and attach the report in here so I can download and test with it? Thanks!
elpivo
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="84548" data-time="1319644452" data-date="26 October 2011 - 08:54 AM"><p>
In your aggregation #2, can you wrap your expression in a check for a null value? If it's not null, use the aggregation in the computation, if it is, use 0 or something? Let me know.<br />
<br />
If this doesn't help, could you please recreate the issue with the sample database and attach the report in here so I can download and test with it? Thanks!<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I've tried checking for null value and grater than 0 but it didn't work.<br />
How do I recreate the issue with the sample database? where is this database?<br />
<br />
Thankss!!!
mwilliams
If you create a new dataSource, there is an option for the Classic Models Sample Database. If you create this source, you can create a SQL dataSet that can access the sample database tables. This makes for an easy way for reports to be passed between different people for testing as everyone has access to the same data!
elpivo
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="84552" data-time="1319646397" data-date="26 October 2011 - 09:26 AM"><p>
If you create a new dataSource, there is an option for the Classic Models Sample Database. If you create this source, you can create a SQL dataSet that can access the sample database tables. This makes for an easy way for reports to be passed between different people for testing as everyone has access to the same data!<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Thanks for your answer. But I have some questions, I created a new dataSource choosing the Classic Models Sample Database option, and then? I need to delete the original dataSource? how should I proceed?<br />
<br />
thankssss!!!!!
mwilliams
I would leave your report how it is and just create a new report that uses the sample database that has the same issue as your report that uses your database. So, just create a new report and set it up exactly how you have your other report, only use the sample database as the data. Hope this makes sense.
elpivo
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="84760" data-time="1320176349" data-date="01 November 2011 - 12:39 PM"><p>
I would leave your report how it is and just create a new report that uses the sample database that has the same issue as your report that uses your database. So, just create a new report and set it up exactly how you have your other report, only use the sample database as the data. Hope this makes sense.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I think I understood <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/public/style_emoticons/'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/public/style_emoticons/</a><#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif<br
/>
<br />
I attach you the report <br />
<br />
Thanksss!!!!
elpivo
Any news?
mwilliams
Sorry, I cannot run your report because it still expects data from your dataSource. What I'd like you to do, if possible, is to create a report that actually USES the sample database data to show your issue. This would mean creating a new report and setting up the new report similar to your current report that uses sample database data or a flat file datasource or something that I can run and see the issue you're having.