Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Parameter Bug
drewdudek
Hello,<br />
<br />
<ul class='bbcol decimal'><li>I'm using Actuate 11.</li><li>My data object is an Actuate Information Object. </li><li>I have a simple dataset that gives me the correct data in the Preview Results.</li><li>I want to add a parameter.</li><li><strong class='bbc'>When I try to put a where = ? it says:</strong></li></ul>
<strong class='bbc'>"There were error(s) detected in the query<br />
Line 8, Column 14: Unnamed parameters are not allowed.<br />
WHERE SKEY = ?"</strong><br />
<br />
Am I doing something wrong?<br />
<br />
Thanks!<br />
Drew
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
averma
Hi drewdudek,
You can set up report parameters in your Information Object (use it to filter data) and then link this parameter to your BIRT report parameter. Here are the steps:
* Create Information Object with parameter (say p1) set up to filter data and publish it to BIRT iServer
* Use this IO to create a data source and data set
* Edit data set and select "Actuate Information Object Query"
* Switch to parameter tab within "Actuate Information Object Query"
* You will see two seperate tables for entering parameters, the IO parameter to appear in the table at bottom
* Add a new parameter(say p2) to the table at top
* Link this parameter to the IO parameter (in the table below)
* Now swtich to "Parameters" in the data set, here you can link p2 to your BIRT report parameter
If this sounds confusing (it does to me) I will be publishing a how to video on this topic soon.
Ashwini