Please move to the Deploying and Integrating BIRT Report Engine in Applications. I always forget that you don't differntiate between desktop apps and web apps.
I recently upgraded from 2.6 to 3.7.1. I use the viewer from the example added to my web app.
I was having issues in 2.6 with image locations on generated html/pdf reports and saw that 3.7.1 has a URL parameter in the web.xml file. I was hoping this would fix my issue. I use the standalone designer, so it was simple to remove the designer and install the new one without having to change my java development environment (which I will do later as time permits).
I deleted the old viewer code (moved it actually) and copied the new files from the example in their place. I opened each report in the 3.7.1 designer and updated the image info and saved the changes. The reports have
<property name="createdBy">Eclipse BIRT Designer Version 3.7.1.v20110905 Build <3.7.1.v20110913-1734></property>
but also have
<report xmlns="
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/2005/design" version="3.2.22" id="1">
in them. I don't know if this is an issue or not. They run fine in the designer, but when I deploy them to Resin and try to run them I get the following exception:
org.eclipse.birt.core.exception.BirtException: error.CannotStartupOSGIPlatform
at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.Platform.startup(Platform.java:81)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.setEngineContext(ReportEngineService.java:328)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.setContext(BirtViewerReportService.java:1022)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.ViewerServlet.__getContext(ViewerServlet.java:148)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.doGet(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:151)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:115)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:92)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.service(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:122)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletFilterChain.doFilter(ServletFilterChain.java:106)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.filter.ViewerFilter.doFilter(ViewerFilter.java:68)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.FilterFilterChain.doFilter(FilterFilterChain.java:70)
at com.caucho.server.webapp.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:173)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletInvocation.service(ServletInvocation.java:229)
at com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.handleRequest(HttpRequest.java:274)
at com.caucho.server.port.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java:514)
at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool.runTasks(ThreadPool.java:520)
at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool.run(ThreadPool.java:442)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.FrameworkException
at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.osgi.OSGILauncher.startup(OSGILauncher.java:90)
at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.Platform.startup(Platform.java:75)
... 18 more
Caused by: java.security.PrivilegedActionException: org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.FrameworkException: Could not find the Framework - org.eclipse.osgi in path C:\s1s\resin-pro-3.0.25\webapps\upo\WEB-INF\platform\plugins
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.osgi.OSGILauncher.startup(OSGILauncher.java:75)
... 19 more
Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.FrameworkException: Could not find the Framework - org.eclipse.osgi in path C:\s1s\resin-pro-3.0.25\webapps\upo\WEB-INF\platform\plugins
at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.osgi.OSGILauncher.doStartup(OSGILauncher.java:123)
at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.osgi.OSGILauncher.access$0(OSGILauncher.java:94)
at org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.osgi.OSGILauncher$1.run(OSGILauncher.java:79)
... 21 more
It seems like bug
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=182161 is relevant, but I can't find the config.ini file. It used to be in the platform directory, but that has been removed from the new deployment. The web site mentions the changes to the directory structure, but most of the information is based on the older version.
Is there still a config file where I can set security info? Is that even my problem, since everything worked except for images in printed reports before the change?
I have attached one of the reports in case you need it to figure this out. Thanks.
Or rather I attempted to attach a report, but it fails and the file is under 30K in size..