Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Sort table groups on an aggregate
lexthang
I have a simple table with 3 column: Subnet, Operating System, Computer Name.
I'd like to group them by Operating System, and then display the groups by the number of computers in them, highest first (i.e. descending).
So I create a table group, keyed on Operating System, and an aggregate for COUNT(Computer Name), and display this aggregate for the group. All this works. But the groups are displayed in alphabetical order of the Operating System name.
So I open the group editor, add the sort key for the count aggregate (already defined earlier). However the display doesn't match what I'd like to see. So I guess this is the wrong way to go.
How do I do that? Sort the groups based on that aggregate?
TIA!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
lexthang
I just realize this is probably the wrong forum to post this question. Designing BIRT Reports is probably the better one. If someone can move this post there I'll really appreciate it.
lexthang
After trying a lot of different things, suddenly the thing works. The groups are sorted, using the same setup that I described earlier. Maybe something has changed in the report itself, but I can't figure out where.
Well, now we know editing the TableGroup and adding a sort key is the way to go...