Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Limit the number of group rows to be displayed
lexthang
I have a table with 3 column: Subnet, Operating System, Computer Name. I create a TableGroup on Operating System.<br />
<br />
In the resulting reports there are 5 groups that appear: Linux, Solaris, Windows 2008, Windows 95, Windows NT. (They're sorted alphabetically by default)<br />
<del class='bbc'><br />
Let's say I only want to see the top 3 groups. How can I limit the number of groups to be displayed to 3? (I gave the example to illustrate, although this is a generic question about displaying only the top N groups, and not something in particular about Windows 2008 or Windows 95).<br />
</del><br />
Edit:<br />
<br />
It turns out what I want to restrict is the number of rows INSIDE each group. So in each group, I just want to display the first N rows. Apparently we can use the Visibility property to show/hide based on certain criteria. However even though the rows are invisible, they still participate in various calculations (calculating aggregates, for example). We'd like a way to truly suppress the rows to be displayed to only the top N (say, 100), and have all the aggregates calculated based on those N rows instead of every rows in the group.<br />
<br />
Thanks!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
What if you used a isTopN aggregation in your group and filter based on that? What is your BIRT version?
lexthang
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="84649" data-time="1319811281" data-date="28 October 2011 - 07:14 AM"><p>
What if you used a isTopN aggregation in your group and filter based on that? What is your BIRT version?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<del class='bbc'>I can add a Top N aggregation, but I'm not sure how to filter out a regular row (a row in the Details section). I can filter out the entire group, because in Edit Group dialog there is a way to specify a filter. But there's no way to specify a filter for a row. At least not that I know off.</del><br />
<br />
I'm using Actuate 11, the BIRT version is 2.6.1 if I'm not wrong.<br />
<br />
Edit: I just realize the filter for regular rows is in the table itself
<br />
So the way to go is to create a TopN aggregate for the group in question, let's name it "MyTopN". Then select the table, go to Filters tab, and add a filter condition for the entire table that says: "MyTopN" = true (only show the row when "MyTopN" is true). That solves the problem.<br />
<br />
Thanks Michael.
mwilliams
Yep. Sorry, I should have clarified that the filter went on the table. Glad you got it figured out. Let us know whenever you have questions!