Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
birt as a separate war and passing parameters
gebuh
We have the 2.6.1 birt viewer deployed to jboss 5.1 as a standalone WAR so that multiple applications(in other WARs on our server) can access it. Currently reports are fetched passing parameters via URL:<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>http://our.awesome.app.com/warThatHoldsBirtViewer/preview?__report=reportName&__format=pdf&reportParam=1234</pre>
<br />
We must stop this. It looks as if we could do this via the Report Engine API using something like:<br />
<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>IReportRunnable runnable = reportEngine.openReportDesign(reportPath);
...
IRunAndRenderTask task = reportEngine.createRunAndRenderTask(runnable);
...
task.setParameterValue(key, reportParams.get(key));
</pre>
So in an action class method I'd call create this instance to generate the report.<br />
But I'm assuming that means the report engine is bundled within your application. Is there a way I can do this remotely?<br />
We're using Seam 2.2.0.<br />
Any advice would be helpful.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
JasonW
I am not exactly sure what you are asking. Do you want to start the engine remotely?
Jason
gebuh
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'JasonW'" data-cid="84666" data-time="1319831742" data-date="28 October 2011 - 12:55 PM"><p>
I am not exactly sure what you are asking. Do you want to start the engine remotely?<br />
<br />
Jason<br /></p></blockquote>
I'm not sure, the Birt viewer war is deployed on the same app server as our other applications. I want to pass parameters to the viewer from our Seam app without using GET (params in the URL).<br />
I don't start the engine(I don't think) now, unless that is done by deploying it to the server.
JasonW
Would using the tag libraries accross context be an option?
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/deploy/viewerUsageMain.php#tags
Jason
gebuh
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'JasonW'" data-cid="84725" data-time="1320073416" data-date="31 October 2011 - 08:03 AM"><p>
Would using the tag libraries accross context be an option?<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/deploy/viewerUsageMain.php#tags'>http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/deploy/viewerUsageMain.php#tags</a><br
/>
<br />
Jason<br /></p></blockquote>
It looks like that's for creating actual reports embedded in html view.<br />
Is it possible to use these taglibs in jsf components?
gebuh
I tried the eclipse taglib. Followed the directions, but these are jsp tags and apparently won't work with RichFaces. I'm running a Seam app. Seam has a birt plugin, but the set up looks like you'd have to include BIRT as a part of the Seam app. I'm trying to configure it to use BIRT from another context(it's in a separate war). I'll update with my progress.
JasonW
You may also want to look at jsf4birt:
http://exadel.org/jsf4birt
Jason