Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Running Viewer
jfreak53
Is there any other way of running the example viewer on an apache system without having Tomcat?? I've got this really really small system and have no desire to have the memory pig tomcat running just for the 4 reports that the system needs ha ha Any thoughts?
Or is there a way using command-line to compile the report to PDF and then just display the PDF in the browser?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
CBR
You can use the genReport.bat (there is also a genReport.sh for Linux systems) to create reports using the command line. All reports will be saved as a file to a destination folder, which means that you can easily open them if you are on the same machine.
The BIRT Viewer needs at least a Java Servlet container to run. You can use any of them. From all servlet containers i know jetty is the one that consumes the fewest amount of memory. Jetty is also used as Servlet Container inside the BIRT Eclipse Designer to run the preview (the preview is generated using the BIRT WebViewer that is deployed to a Jetty running inside of Eclipse).
jfreak53
Thanks, I just found ReportEngine and genReport last night while fiddling with it ha ha. I think I'm going to go that route since installing Jetty on cPanel is shoot and miss and there is VERY VERY little documentation on it.
Thanks, I think that's the route. I made a small PHP script last night to run the genReport.sh, output a file then readfile to PHP and output header content as PDF. So either it downloads it to the users PC or if they are using Chrome it displays it right there. So I think we're good there.
Thanks.